SpecialCare Hospital Management, and its New Vision service locations, will continue to provide care to our patients in programs across the U.S. in accordance with CDC, Federal, and State guidelines.
Substance use treatment programs of all types are considered essential medical facilities, and our New Vision locations will continue to provide addiction treatment services to our patients. We are focused on coordinating care and maintaining the health and safety of our patients and staff.
However, because each New Vision location is a service of a specific hospital, that hospital’s policies for COVID-19 and inpatient admissions are guiding our New Vision staff. We encourage you to call the New Vision location directly for up-to-date information.
Ensuring Patient Safety
In addition to our regular practices, all staff nationwide are adhering to CDC recommended guidelines and hygiene practices including:
- Regular handwashing for at least 20 seconds or using hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Frequent cleaning of surfaces throughout the day
- Social distancing throughout the lobbies and other common areas
- Medically screening employees and patients with symptoms and referring them to follow CDC recommendations
Implementing Emergency Protocols
Each individual state will develop its own protocols that the different treatment program types in that state should follow. New Vision locations, together with our hospital partners, will implement and communicate any of those changes or exceptions as they approved by the applicable state and federal entities. These changes may include:
- Limited admissions hours
- Patient screening by hospital staff, including taking temperature and asking questions about possible exposure scenarios
- Requiring admissions to be funneled through the ER/ED
We WILL continue to accept new admissions, as our hospital partners permit. If you are in need of treatment, please contact us to schedule an intake appointment.
SpecialCare Hospital Management and its parent company, BayMark Health Services, are committed to being a partner to our patients, their families and the communities we serve. We will continue to support those in recovery and make every effort to support their general health and well-being as well.