Intake Coordinator with the New Vision Service
Current Openings: For a list of open Intake Coordinator positions across the country, please go to our Current Openings page.
New Vision is an inpatient medical stabilization service for adults with drug, alcohol, and related health issues. The service accepts appropriate adults, who are currently using or are experiencing acute withdrawal symptoms from certain drugs.
SpecialCare Hospital Management is looking for a personable, result oriented and confident individual to fulfill the role of Intake Coordinator to help ensure new patients are receiving an excellent onboarding experience at the New Vision office. The intake coordinator is also responsible for managing telephone inquiries concerning the New Vision service, screen potential patients, assists them with their questions and concerns, and initiates discharge planning.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage patient onboarding process from phone inquiry, initiating eligibility verification, scheduling intake, through performing patient assessment
- Communicate with physicians and nursing staff as it pertains to patient assessment and continued stay
- In-facility round and follow up calls on patients daily according to policy and procedure
- Complete discharge plans with patient’s involvement
- Maintain patient privacy best practices, such as HIPAA
- Reporting of daily census to corporate office
- Perform community outreach telephone calls daily to identified community organizations
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others
- Other related duties, as determined by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Psychology, Counseling, Substance Abuse, Criminal Justice, or related field preferred along with a minimum of at least two (2) years of social service and/or clinical service work.
- Prior knowledge of addiction and/or dependence, for example as a substance abuse counselor and/or case manager. Previous experience in substance abuse withdrawal, MAT Treatment, or detox is a plus
- Understanding of documentation pertaining to healthcare, while maintaining HIPAA guidelines and policies
- Must be a team player that is willing to accept and promote goals with minimal supervision and have the ability to assist and support others
- Ability to problems solve through data analysis, integrate new ideas or processes, and maintain confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite as well as an understanding of email and attachments.
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Past experience in a hospital or other clinical setting, and/or hospital management preferred
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)
- Generous paid time off accrual
- Excellent growth and development opportunities
- Satisfying and rewarding work striving to overcome the opioid epidemic
Help your community address the addiction crisis.
Call us today at 800-383-6085 or request a proposal.